- Research career options. What is the likelihood the market will change in the near future?
- Contact Career Services – Free computer self-assessment program. Meet with an advisor or counselor.
- Consider doing an internship and or volunteer in the field you are interested in. As an example, volunteer at a hospital if you are interested in a health field career
- Consider a Major and Minor if you are unable to narrow your choices.
- Participate in Student Clubs
- Speak to students who are graduating in the field you are considering
- Do not give up if you are struggling in a course. Tutoring is always available.
- Do not take difficult courses in one semester.
Academic Advisement Center, AC-2C01, 718-262-2280
HOW CAN I DECLARE A MAJOR?