SUNY Cobleskill is hosting a FREE bus trip for students interested in the field of agriculture. Examples of agricultural interest would include the following: Agricultural Business, Pre-Veterinary Science, Animal Science (Equine Studies, Beef & Livestock, Dairy Production & Management), Plant Science, Culinary Arts, Food Systems & Technology, Sustainable Crop Production, Fisheries & Aquaculture, and Agriculture Equipment Technology. Students and chaperones will get a tour of our agriculture school, which includes the following:
– 14 greenhouses
– 10 acre arboretum
– 40,000 gallon fish hatchery
– 200-cow contemporary freestall dairy
– Equine complex with indoor arena
– Meat laboratory
– Fully equipped agricultural engineering technology facility
– Center for environmental science and technology
After the tour, we will also provide lunch.
The bus trip is scheduled for Thursday, April 5th, which is during spring break. We will leave from the SUNY Welcome Center at 6am and return to the Welcome Center after the trip, around 6pm. The link below will direct you to our registration page.
- Please Note: If a student is under 18 years of age, the student must be accompanied by an adult (counselor/teacher/parent)
- A counselor/teacher can accompany a small group of students (preferably no more than 5-6) as the adult responsible for those students.
- The bus will hold 50 people, so we will cut off registration at 50 people with a waiting list after that.
- When registering, please sign up the student and yourself so that we have everyone accounted for.
- Within registration is space for a parent signature if a student is under 18.