APPLICATION LINK: http://bit.ly/Saltz2018Summer
APPLICATION DEADLINE 11:59pm, Sunday, March 18
The Saltz program is an internship program for High School students that provide them with an opportunity to
impact thousands of visitors to the American Museum of Natural History. Interns learn a variety of sciences
(Geology, Anthropology, Biology, Astronomy/Astrophysics, Paleontology) as well as communication and science
teaching skills to inspire and encourage visitors to explore the numerous scientific fields presented in the exhibitions
at the museum.
Eligibility and Requirements
New York City high school students who are 15-18 years old are eligible to apply. Applicants must live or attend
school within the five boroughs of New York City. Students must also have valid Working Papers. Some preference
will be given to students who have taken at least two AMNH high school After School Program courses but all
students are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
• Submission of Online Application and Short Answer responses via application link located on website.
▪ Each Answer should be 1 paragraph of 4 – 5 sentences
▪ How do you feel you would personally benefit from participating in this science
▪ What science topic do you find most interesting? Why?
▪ How will this experience at the Museum help you further your academic and career
Summer Program Schedule
The Summer 2018 Session will be July 2nd – August 19th 2018.
Training: Training takes place July 2nd – July 13th
. There will be No Training on Wednesday July 4th
**Training is MANDATORY.** The program provides on-the-job training in scientific content and informal science
education that is required for working at the AMNH. Interns are expected to attend ALL Training sessions.
Internship hours: After completing training, Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week for the remaining 5
weeks of the internship. Interns will work on educational touch carts located throughout the halls of the museum
and lead tours through museum exhibitions.
Advisories and Workshops: Attendance at Friday advisory sessions and workshops are required. All workshops will
he counted as one of your weekly shifts and occur from 10-2pm
What do I get?
1) Interns receive Metrocards during the program
2) A Stipend
3) Opportunities to go behind the scenes and visit labs, collections, and meet scientists
4) Tickets to visit special exhibitions at the museum
5) An AMNH badge
6) Opportunities to attend career and college workshops at AMNH
7) Opportunities to take free Kaplan SAT Prep workshops
8) Chance to meet like-minded students from across the city
More information about the Saltz Internship Program, including a link to the application, can be found on our
If you would like to be emailed when the application is available please email email@example.com
This program made possible by a generous gift from the Gary Saltz Foundation, Inc.
Additional support for the internship program is provided by The Peter and Carmen Lucia Buck Foundation.